Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
ashman70
Expert
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Both

Problem with Veeam 6

Post by ashman70 »

I have a customer still on Veeam 6.0 who has had a backup job stuck at 0% for some time, its just been brought to my attention. I have tried to stop the backup job in the Veeam console but it doesn't appear to stopping, obviously there is a VMWare snapshot in play here. To add to the problem I need to reboot the virtual machine but I don't want to until I get some guidance on how to proceed.

Veeam version is 6.0.0.153
VMWare is 5.0.0.623860

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Problem with Veeam 6

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can try to ending all Veeam processes (via Task Manager/Process Explorer) on the backup server, this should fail the job. After that I would recommend removing the snapshot on the production VM and plan the upgrade process to our latest release.
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

So stop the Veeam services on the backup server, effectively killing the job, understood. Then delete the snapshot for the VM in the virtual infrastructure client?
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

I just stopped and then restarted all the Veeam services on the backup server, went back into Veeam and the job is still showing as stuck at 0%?? What can I do now?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I was referring to Veeam processes, not services. Please check out our KB article for more info > http://www.veeam.com/kb1727
ashman70 wrote:Then delete the snapshot for the VM in the virtual infrastructure client?
Correct.
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

Ah, ok well I rebooted the backup server, should achieve the same thing, thanks.

AM
ashman70
Expert

Post by ashman70 »

Ok that worked, however when I go into the VIC and go to snapshot manager, it says Veeam Temporary snapshot 'Please do not delete this snapshot, it is being used by VEEAM' Am I still good to delete it?

It deleted the snapshot itself, everything looks good, thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this snapshot should be cleaned up by next job run automatically. Good to hear, that you're up and running, however I still suggest upgrading to the latest release, as soon your version will be unsupported.