Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
LinkeLoe
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Leo Schroer

Virtual Lab - Multiple VLAN's

Post by LinkeLoe »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a virtual lab and SureBackup, but I'm running into a problem with mapping the production networks to isolated networks.

We have a Hyper-V cluster along with System Center VMM running and on this cluster I have defined one Hyper-V Logical Switch for several different VLANs. For each of these VLANs I have created a VM network in SCVMM, connected to the logical switch. I have mapped the production network for one VLAN and this is working fine. When starting a SureBackup job with VM's in this VLAN, I can reach all of them. Now, I'm trying to map another VLAN in the production network to another isolated network, but I get the message that the production network is already specified in an existing mapping rule. This seems logical to me, because Veeam specifies the logical switch, rather than the VM network I created in System Center VMM.

How should I set this up correctly in a way that Veeam can map all of the VLANs instead of just one?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Virtual Lab - Multiple VLAN's

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Leo, currently network mapping in virtual lab is performed by the network name only, so there's no easy way to implement lab with multiple VLANs. In Veeam B&R v8, however, we've implemented the ability to specify different VLAN IDs.
LinkeLoe
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Leo Schroer

Post by LinkeLoe »

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the reply.

Do I understand that in v8 it will be possible to map a Hyper-V logical switch multiple times for different VLANs on the production network? Then I guess I have to wait for v8 to be released...

Leo.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, you're understanding it right.