Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
DeanGTS
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Dean Scaife

Local File to tape job, most files fail

Post by DeanGTS »

Running a simple 'File to tape job' for files previously robocopied locally to a Veeam proxy disk. Fails with following error for many files.

Task V:\RDC Backups\DC-04\Users\username\desktop\backup\Admin\Public\Training materials\Training modules\Modules\Products\Training Notes landscape.doc failed: Paths that begin with \\?\GlobalRoot are internal to the kernel and should not be opened by managed applications.

I presumed long file paths were the issue but, I'd previously had a patch for that issue. Any ideas much appreciated!

Support# 00677017
DeanGTS
Enthusiast

Re: Local File to tape job, most files fail

Post by DeanGTS »

Managed to break up the job to individual folders but, still manageable though the tape job failure continues
DeanGTS
Enthusiast

Post by DeanGTS »

Looks like an issue with Shadow Copy option being enabled, as the job is putting files to tape now.
My issue now is, what if the source job overlaps for any reason while the File to tape job is in progress and tries to update the file currently being sent to tape.. would it see that the file has changed & retry?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Dean,

Thank you for the provided information, QA is looking into it! Yes, right not the recommendation for your case is to disable the VSS aware backup for file to tape job.
would it see that the file has changed & retry?
If the source is folder all the existing files in the folder would be backed up. All locked files will be skipped from processing and should be picked up only on the next job run (of course if they are unlocked).