Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
AlexanderDonov
Expert
Liked: never

Monitoring esx throught VC

Post by AlexanderDonov »

Hi,
when I try to monitor our hosts servers and VMs, adding only the Virtual Center address, only the CPU and memory data is available, the network,disk and swap say me that "no data available".This happens in both, hosts and VMs. If I add every host individualy, go well withouth problem. what I'm doing wrong?

also, it's possible to export data from host or VM, to csv or text format or only I have the report command to export to html?

Thanks

Xavier
Atkatch
Expert

Post by Atkatch »

Yes, we are aware that problem and trying to locate and fix it. Thanks anyway.
Currently we have only html reporting but we are going to improve this in some way.

Thank you for your feedback.
AlexanderDonov
Expert

Post by AlexanderDonov »

I had the same experience with monitoring through VC, only CPU and Memory graphs are visible.
Individual ESX servers show graphs without problems
Atkatch
Expert

Post by Atkatch »

What is the VC version you have?
Can you see the other counters at the Performance tab in the VC, while you see only CPU and Memory graphs in Monitor?

We would greatly appreciate if you could send us a print-screen of the VC's Performance tab at support@veeam.com.
Thanks!
VirtualNoItAll
Novice

Post by VirtualNoItAll »

When manageing via VC I see no data other than on the summary tab. I am running VC 2.0.2 with all recent patches.
Atkatch
Expert

Post by Atkatch »

To solve this issue it would be very helpful to receive the log files located in:
1)%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware Infrastructure 32) %userprofile%\..\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware Infrastructure 3
Please send them at support@veeam.com
AlexanderDonov
Expert

Post by AlexanderDonov »

we have VC 2.0.1, and in the performance tab of VC we could see without problem the graphs of disk and network that we couldn't in the veeam monitor.
In the two directories, I don't have any log (only a monitor.gui.log that don't say almost nothing). But in the "\documents and settings\NetworkService\ ...\" I have a VeeamDCS.log. I don't know if it's what you want?
It's possible this problem is related to non-english version of windows? we have a spanish version of windowsXP and we also have a little problem with VC searching some file in "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\.." when in spanish version is en "%userprofile%\Configuracion local\Datos de programa\..".
Atkatch
Expert

Post by Atkatch »

Scixpp, thanks! Yes, VeeamDCS.log is what we need.
AlexanderDonov
Expert

Post by AlexanderDonov »

something new about this problem?
Atkatch
Expert

Post by Atkatch »

Developers are still working on this...

Actually, if you could send us send us a print-screen of the VC's Performance tab with the network and disk counters that would be helpful for them.