Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
KennX
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kenn Crook

4.1.1 SMB network path problem

Post by KennX »

I was running 4.1.0.96 for the past month and decided to upgrade to 4.1.1. We do our backups to a smb share and after upgrading I got the error message that the backup file could not be found on '\\our_backup_server_smb_path\veeam$\Veeam Backups on host "My Computer". Well, of course, the network path isn't really ON "My Computer" but despite being able to browse to that location in Veeam and the previous incarnation 4.1.0.96 having no problem with that path... 4.1.1 produced an error each time. I tried using a mapped drive, etc., instead of the FQDN path but still no happiness so I ended up uninstalling 4.1.1 and installing the older version and sure enough things worked then.

Please advise.

-Kenn
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: 4.1.1 SMB network path problem

Post by Gostev »

Kenn, this is not a known issue with 4.1.1 at this time, so please contact our support for troubleshooting. They would need full logs from Help | Support information to investigate this.
renpen
Influencer
Full Name: Rene Lahaye

Post by renpen »

Hi,

I am also using 4.1.1 and have the same issue as Kenn whereas with the previous version I never experienced this issue.
I have disabled the Veeam VSS Integration for now and relying on the vmare tools for this and not receiving the error now.
I strongly believe there is an issue with 4.1.1

Rene
renpen
Influencer
Full Name: Rene Lahaye

Post by renpen »

I just want to add that this error does not occur on every replication job - seems to be a random occurrence...
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

The error mentioned in the post above does not relate to VSS functionality. The fact that the network location error is random usually points at network or storage issues. If you'd like to get to the bottom of this issue, please open a support case and provide logs for investigation.

Overall the chance that the issue is with 4.1.1 is low, because no components that could affect this were changed in this release. Also I would expect multiple reports from hundreds of customers if this was an issue. But of course, there is always a chance of bug.