Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mechlor
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Randy Pena

noob needs a kick start

Post by mechlor »

I just installed the trial version...on an esx4...i can get it to backup but replication fails with the errors below...is this a time out to the local esx or remote? do i have to explicitly open any ports for replication to work? Thanks in advance

5 of 5 files processed

Total VM size: 232.79 GB
Processed size: 15.55 KB
Processing rate: 0 KB/s
Backup mode: NBD with changed block tracking
Start time: 3/11/2010 8:44:31 PM
End time: 3/11/2010 9:29:07 PM
Duration: 0:44:36

Replicating file "[ESX Storage] TS Server/TS Server-flat.vmdk"
BackupDisk failed
Client error: Connection timed out
Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [109].

Server error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
Failed to process VM disk backup. VMDK path: [vddk://<vddkConnSpec><viConn name="localhost" authdPort="443" vicPort="443" /><vmxPath vmRef="vm-352" datacenterRef="datacenter-26" datacenterInventoryPath="New Datacenter" snapshotRef="snapshot-667" datastoreName="ESX Storage" path="TS Server/TS Server.vmx" /><vmdkPath datastoreName="ESX Storage" path="TS Server/TS Server.vmdk" /><transports seq="nbd" /><readBuffer size="2097152" /></vddkConnSpec>].
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: noob needs a kick start

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Randy,

Judging by the error message I see that the connection timed out, so could you tell us if you were able to backup that VM successfully? Do you see this error happening on all replication jobs? If so could you tell us what is the destination host for your replicas?

Also it will be great to see the job logs, so please forward them to support@veeam.com, and our technical team would be able to assist you with the issue.

Thank you!
mechlor
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Randy Pena

Post by mechlor »

I was able to back it up, just not replicate. This is the first replication job, so i'm thinking more along the lines of i forgot something. This was going to another esx server over the vpn. I just sent the html report (same as job log?)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Randy,

You should send job log from Help|Support Information, if you only fail to replicate to an offsite host, it means the WAN connection might be causing the issue, anyway we need to see the job log to see what is the reason for the failure.

Thank you!