Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
onus
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: onus capol

Memory dump after replicating VM

Post by onus »

I have replicated my VM from Server2008 R2 DC to Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 After migrating VM it boots successfully but after login to vm its gives memory dump.
VM is using 2008 R2 Web OS. We also replicated on more VM with Server2003 and its got replicated successfully and boots properly. Can any one tell me what was the issue because i never face such issues before. And if server2003 getting replicated successfully then i don't think so server2008 will have any issues.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Memory dump after replicating VM

Post by foggy »

Have you found some related messages in the guest Event Viewer? Might shed the light on the source of the issue. Btw, what kind of VM it is, what apps does it host?
onus
Novice

Post by onus »

VM was hosting DNS & Mail Server. I am not able to give logs as vm gives memory dump after we login to VM. Also we have copied same VHD from host to another host and setup same config manually and it works.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Are you able to boot it in safe mode?
onus
Novice

Post by onus »

No i have not checked that whether i can boot the same in safe mode. Also we have boot the replicated virtual machine from hyper-v manager instead of veeam console. Is it necessary to boot replicated virtual mchine should get boot using "Failover Now..." and due to which this issue occurs.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

We do recommend failovering VM via backup console, rather than via HV manager, so that, backup server is aware of that operation. Also, if this VM was backed up with Application Aware Image Processing option enabled, VM running VSS application should have been prepared for successful boot.

Anyway, if the issue persists, you’d better open a ticket with our support team and let them investigate it directly.

Thanks.
onus
Novice

Post by onus »

Ok. Just for my information if i click failovering form backup console. Then primary vm will shuts down automatically or we have to shut it down.?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

No, unless you select Planned Failover. Thanks.