Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

P2v - works fine with sbs 2011 esentials :)

Post by frankive » 1 person likes this post

Just wanted to tell that I did a restore from a physical server to hyper-v 2012 R2. Used the .iso and the backupmedia and everyting went very smooth!
The only thing was when it booted, it booted into safe mode DRSM no matter what I chose in the windows boot menu.

Soltution:

I logged in as the local administrator on the server (DRSM account?), run msconfig, and uncheked the "Safe boot - Active Directory Repair" ticket.
Then the server boot fast and everyting is fast and snappy :)

by the way, which backup method does endpoint backup use? Reverse Incremental or forever incremental?
We are using a file lever off-copy solution until the remote repository is coming in the final release, so if the full backup file is changed regulary we have to take a closer look until then.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: P2v - works fine with sbs 2011 esentials :)

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Frank,

Your situation is rather normal. We actually have a KB around that http://www.veeam.com/kb1277. It does not exactly describe your case, but if you read it you will see that it is completely similar. Don't forget you are doing something which is not the intended use-case, but I am actually very glad it worked :D

We are using forever forward incremental as the method

Cheers

Mike
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Re: P2v - works fine with sbs 2011 esentials :)

Post by frankive »

Excellent :)