Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Keyser
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Retried job is not backed up to tape

Post by Keyser »

Hi

I have several jobs that does daily backup with an active full every friday. On sunday I start a Tape job that is configured to process all FULL backup's on my repository and tape them.
It works just fine except for one thing. I have a specific exchange server job (with 4 VM's), and once in a while it fails because one Guest experiences a VSS freeze problem in the first attempt. The exchange job is retried 10 minuttes after the first run and then it completes succesfully.

But when this Exchange Job failes on the first attempt and completes on a retry it does not get included in my tape job even though it is an active full.
My tape job just processes the Exchange job files and finds nothing to include to tape.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround?

-Keyser
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Retried job is not backed up to tape

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Keyser,
The backup to tape schedule is set to start at specific time or its triggered by ‘after this job’ option? Are you using the ‘ If some linked backup jobs are still running, wait for up to … minutes’ time out?
Keyser
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times

Post by Keyser »

It's set to start at a specific time. There are no running jobs when I test this, so there should be no locking issues
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The described behaviour looks unexpected. Can you open a ticket with our support team and post case number here, so that I can ask QA team to take a closer look at it? Thanks.