stmux
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: ja

Remote Management Failure to One VM

Post by stmux »

Server 2k8 R2 SP1
Veeam One 8.0.0.1569

Remote management works from Veeam One for all VMware VM's except one. It is a 32Bit Server 2003 R2 SP2 VM that we can not connect to from Veeam One. The strange thing is, if we use Microsoft's Remote Desktop manager it connects with no problems. Anyone seen this behavior before and know what is happening?
Thanks,
mux
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Remote Management Failure to One VM

Post by Shestakov »

Hello,
Does the remote management work over vSphere Client console?
If you can achieve remote management in vSphere Client console, but can not in Veeam One console using same credentials, please contact our technical support team for the further problem investigation, since it`s an unexpected behavior.
Thank you.
stmux
Enthusiast

Post by stmux »

I think I have figured out what is happening. The server that I can not connect to has an internal and external network. When I right click on the server in Veeam One and select Remote Management Veeam One is trying to connect to the external ip address, which is blocked by the firewall. I want Veeam One Remote Management to connect to the internal ip address. How can I tell Veeam One to connect to the internal ip address? Is there a setting somewhere that can be changed?
Thanks,
Stmux
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I believe you just need to adjust hosts file on your Veeam ONE server and it should do the trick.
stmux
Enthusiast

Post by stmux »

I added the server ip and name in the hosts file and that did not make a difference. Right-Click on the server in Veeam One and it still wants to connect to the external ip address.
mux
stmux
Enthusiast

Post by stmux »

I confirmed via TCPView that Veeam One is connecting the remote sessions using MSTSC or Terminal Service. Two of the three servers that have internal and external NICS are trying to connect to the external network and one is connecting to the internal network which is what I want for all of the servers. I do not want Terminal Service accessible through the external network. When Veeam One is used to attempt a remote session to a server it must be looking somewhere to get the ip address that it is to connect to, but I have not been able to figure out where. If anyone knows I would appreciate receiving that information.
Thanks,
mux
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

What IP addresses are visible on the summary tab of the VM in the vSphere Client?