PowerShell script exchange
TommyB
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Thomas Braun

Powershell start menu entry missing

Post by TommyB »

Hi,

I wanted to start playing around with veeam powershell scripting but the start menu entry under veeam/tools is not present.

Running BPS_X64.msi did not add the menu entry.

I managed to make it work by calling C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\install-veeamtoolkit.ps1 from the normal powershell prompt, but how can I install this permanently without having to type the command every time I start powershell?

I'm not using powershell on a regular basis so please bare with me if I'm asking something obvious :-)

Thomas
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Powershell start menu entry missing

Post by veremin »

Assuming the installation process went fine, corresponding PS menu should be shown there. Anyway, while working with PS snap-in outside of our GUI, you have to access to our commandlets you have to add the snap-in first, using Add-PSSnapin VeeamPSSnapin. Thanks.
TommyB
Expert

Post by TommyB » 1 person likes this post

Here is what I did:

Created C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\profile.ps1 with the following content:

Add-PSSnapin VeeamPSSnapin

That way the Veeam snapin is automatically available for all powershell instances.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Yep, adding snap-in inside the profile.ps1 automatically populates it for all users of the computer and for all shells, but what about PS icon not showing in VB&R menu? Did you fix it somehow? Thanks.
TommyB
Expert

Post by TommyB »

v.Eremin wrote:Yep, adding snap-in inside the profile.ps1 automatically populates it for all users of the computer and for all shells, but what about PS icon not showing in VB&R menu? Did you fix it somehow? Thanks.
Hi Vladimir,

no, could not fix this. But with the current solution I don't care for the additional icon :-)

Thomas