Zedification
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Zed

Template Backup doesn't work ...

Post by Zedification »

Hi,

I've got this error message when I tried to backup a VMware Template :

Error: Failed to open VDDK disk [[EQL4100-DS02] TEMPL_win_XP/TEMPL_win_XP.vmdk] ( is read-only mode - [true] ) Failed to open VMDK. Logon attempt with parameters [VC/ESX: [FA-vCenter.filassistance.lan];Port: 443;Login: [GA-DOMAIN\admveeam];VMX Spec: [moref=vm-212];Snapshot mor: [];Transports: [nbd];Read Only: [true]] failed because of the following errors: Failed to open disk for read. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}.

Thanks for your help.

Lucien.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Template Backup don't works ...

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Lucien,
Please provide support case ID when posting about errors or technical issues, as requested when you click "New Topic".
The issue might occur if processing the VM with unsupported disks type. Have you used Virtual Appliance mode?
Thank you.
Zedification
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Zed

Post by Zedification »

Ok, I will. I just wanted to ask in case someone will have already had the problem.
No I have not tested the virtual appliance mode. The Veeam server and proxy are on a physical machine.
What is an unsupported disk ?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

One of the limitations for the Virtual Appliance mode that it works only for VMs with SCSI disks. IDE and SATA disks cannot be processed in this mode.
To solve the issue, please contact Veeam Support and provide your case number for us to follow the investigation. Thanks.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Haven't you changed the password for the given account recently? The problem might be related to the cached credentials. Try to restart a VB&R server to clean all cached credentials. Thanks.