Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
HussainMahfood
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Hussain Mahfood

Feature Request - Admin Account reset

Post by HussainMahfood »

Show the "account username" that has been reset by Tools in the Veeam Recovery Media. Some rename administrators to other account name
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Admin Account reset

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,

The name for local admin is displayed in the end of the notification dialogue. If you need to adjust any of the user account parameters – you can reset admin password, login and then change whatever you like.
HussainMahfood
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Hussain Mahfood

Post by HussainMahfood »

Thanks just spotted it. it is very tiny :)
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

You are welcome! By the way, if you have two or more windows operating systems on the hard drive – you will be prompted which OS admin account needs to be reset.
SamVan
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Sam Pahlavan

Post by SamVan » 1 person likes this post

Good day All,
Thank you for pointing out the user account mentioned at the end of message (after the password reset tool option is selected). I was working on a machine that was inherited to me and did not know that the local administrator account was renamed. So after resetting the password I was wondering why the reset tool did not work. I knew it was working because I was one of the first guys (if not the first guy) to tweet the good news. So of course I had to use the account name the administrator account was changed to. And obviously it did work by using the correct account.

Thanks to Veeam for providing the free product and the free tools that come with it. Making my life easy!
Thank you!

SP
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Sam,
Thank you for the kind words - I am glad and proud to hear that existing BETA has already helped you to solve the real issue. Once again thanks for sharing!