Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
AndyR
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andy Roberts

New install - Monitor Client failed to connect

Post by AndyR »

We are looking to trial VeeamOne for our infrastructure so I requested the trial key and installed it on a fresh Windows 2012 R2 VM using the included SQL2012 DB. Typical install, no changes and pointed to our vCenter and Veeam setups.

Once I try and start the monitor client on the server I get "Monitor Client failed to connect to Monitor server VeeeamOne. Please verify connection settings and try again later."

Everything looks fine in the settings, I can ping the host and I'm also running local. The user is in the local Veeam user groups and the services all start. I even disabled the local firewall and still nothing, so I blew the VM away and tried again but same result?

I went into the logs and found this error:-

Code: Select all

09.03.15 01:58:39 Inform  0x0718 boss		"A database error (code:0x80040E14, ) has occured in context of { CALL monitor.sp_get_concurrent_collector;1 }. Error information follows"
09.03.15 01:58:39 Inform  0x0718 boss		"Error record 1 of 1: Could not find stored procedure 'monitor.sp_get_concurrent_collector'."
09.03.15 01:58:39 Inform  0x0718 boss		"Throwing exception."
09.03.15 01:58:39 Error   0x0718 boss		"Unable to start services. Could not find stored procedure 'monitor.sp_get_concurrent_collector'."
09.03.15 01:58:39 Inform  0x0718 boss		"Stopping request processor..."
09.03.15 01:58:39 Inform  0x0718 boss		"Request processor stopped"
Any ideas as already 4 days into the trial. If I open up the Business or Reporter views they both start and it shows some VMs so its connecting OK there but no stats as such?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: New install - Monitor Client failed to connect

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Do both remote and local Monitor Clients fail to connect to the server? Do you have a support case ID for this issue?
AndyR
Enthusiast

Post by AndyR »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Do both remote and local Monitor Clients fail to connect to the server? Do you have a support case ID for this issue?
Yes both fail.

No haven't logged a support case yet as it was just a trial but think I will now as lost 5 days of the trial now with it not working despite a complete fresh reinstall as well.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You can always request an extension of your trial licence from your sales rep and please keep in mind that opening a support case for a technical problem is a recommended approach. Thanks!
AndyR
Enthusiast

Post by AndyR »

Vitaliy S. wrote:You can always request an extension of your trial licence from your sales rep and please keep in mind that opening a support case for a technical problem is a recommended approach. Thanks!
Support case logged - 00827149