Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
hans_lenze
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times

Endpoint backup interface unavailable over Teamviewer connec

Post by hans_lenze »

So I was working on the pc of my folks when I decided to install Endpoint Backup (just to make sure I would spend less time fixing all the future mishaps).
The installation went fine and the first backup was running in no time. I use Teamviewer to connect to the remote computer because it's easy to explain to my parents to "Just click the blue icon on the desktop!"

However, the interface is just a black square. Not very usefull to see if the previous backup completed succesfully! Backups and restores can be started with the system tray icon so it is semi functional for the moment.
Does the interface use any kind of hardware acceleration? I know that Firefox and Chrome don't show any content when hardware acceleration is enabled.
Can this be turned off for Veeam Endpoint Backup in some registry key?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Endpoint backup interface unavailable over Teamviewer co

Post by Dima P. »

Hello,
I've been thinking if it’s possible to tune the TeamViewer’s color modes to high or true color?
Can this be turned off for Veeam Endpoint Backup in some registry key?
There is no such key, unfortunately.
millardjk
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Jim Millard

Post by millardjk »

I use TeamViewer 10 and don't have any issues with Endpoint Backup's interface.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

hi Hans_Lenze

I assume you are using teamviewer 9 from the problem statement. 9 has had some issues with certain applications that didn't work and indeed showed the black screen. This not only were only specific applications, but also only on specific graphical cards...

The advice now would be:

* Update drivers of the graphical card
* Play with the advanced Teamviewer settings (did you install the Teamviewer monitor driver?)

But from what I know, this didn't always solved the problem.

If possible, I would follow Jim's suggestion and use Teamviewer 10, that normally should fix it (as far as I am aware I have not read about that specific problem on version 10)

Let us know

Mike