Management reporting and documentation
msp
Lurker
Liked: never

Dashboard - Backup and Replication Job Status

Post by msp »

Hello

I am confused to how the Backup and Replication Job Status dashboard work.
I have 10 backup jobs and 10 copy jobs running over the evening and night everyday, and my Data collection in the morning.
The issue is that my dashboard rarely shows all 20 jobs on the chart for one day.
Today for exsample i have 10 completet jobs on the chart, and if i drill down in the chart, it shows 10 completed backup jobs and that the copy jobs are idle. I went to the backup server to check the idle copy jobs, and they have been running and completed, but the status are idle.

So my question is, when does the idle copy jobs show up on the dashboard chart as completed?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Dashboard - Backup and Replication Job Status

Post by Shestakov »

Hello and welcome to the forums!
Do you see those backup jobs completed if you make full report with Last 24 hours interval set?
To make sure if the widget works fine, you can find a backup copy job in VBR UI and click "Report" to see when the job was finished.
By default, Job Status widget shows current week`s statistics, however you can set desired interval in the drill-down report.
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Something tells me that this dashboard will always show idle for all completed backup copy jobs, as technical it is exactly their current state. Let me ask to confirm this behavior and I will post back.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, this is what I thought. The drill down report, indeed, shows "idle" as a latest state for configured backup copy jobs. Thanks for the heads up!
msp
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by msp »

I been testing it for a few days. here is what i found out so far.

The copy jobs will be displayed as idle until a new copy job Begins, then it will show as completet at the dashboard chart.
I dont understand why it is designed like that. Maybe im doing something worng, but the result is that the copy jobs are one day behind, when it comes to be displayed at the dashboard chart.

so right now my dashboard shows :
Monday 20 completed jobs (backup jobs and copy jobs)
Tuesday 10 completed jobs (only backup jobs shows, the copy jobs are done but are in idle state)

Is there a way to fix this?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

msp wrote:I dont understand why it is designed like that. Maybe im doing something worng, but the result is that the copy jobs are one day behind, when it comes to be displayed at the dashboard chart.
That's a bug, as I've stated in my previous post. Please open a support case with our technical stuff, and our dev will work on the private hotfix for this issue.