Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rossmanith
Lurker
Liked: never

Manually triggered backup job

Post by rossmanith »

Hi,

I tried your product and it seems pretty good already!

I'm wondering wether it is possible to start the backup task / application by parameters / script (batch, powershell, etc.) so that it is possible to do different kinds of backups by different scripts.

e.g.

1. I want to start a backup of my pc when i leave the office. I don't want it to shutdown as I have to work later that night remotely.
--> e.g. Batchfile: C:\veeam\backup.exe -start -shutdown=false

2. I want to start a backup of my pc when i leave the office. I will not need it anymore so it can be shutdown after the backup has finished.
--> e.g. Batchfile: C:\veeam\backup.exe -start -shutdown=true

Is this possible?
Currently I would have to schedule a daily task (fixed time) and enable shutdown after execution. If I need my pc later on, I'll have to remember to disable the shutdown within the settings to prevent it from shutting down...

Many thansk in advance.

Matthias
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Manually triggered backup job

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your kind words! To accomplish this, you can do the following, not very elegant, but should work:

1. Trigger ad-hoc backup manually, shut down should not be performed according to Dima > Feature request - shutdown/lock/sleep when completed
2. Do daily backups at log off/lock events and choose to power down your laptop once backup job is complete

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Manually triggered backup job

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Matthias,

As for post job activities, you can assign a custom script to windows task scheduler and use Veeam Endpoint Backup events as a trigger Veeam Endpoint Backup Events :wink: