Manually triggered backup job

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Manually triggered backup job

Veeam Logoby rossmanith » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Hi,

I tried your product and it seems pretty good already!

I'm wondering wether it is possible to start the backup task / application by parameters / script (batch, powershell, etc.) so that it is possible to do different kinds of backups by different scripts.

e.g.

1. I want to start a backup of my pc when i leave the office. I don't want it to shutdown as I have to work later that night remotely.
--> e.g. Batchfile: C:\veeam\backup.exe -start -shutdown=false

2. I want to start a backup of my pc when i leave the office. I will not need it anymore so it can be shutdown after the backup has finished.
--> e.g. Batchfile: C:\veeam\backup.exe -start -shutdown=true

Is this possible?
Currently I would have to schedule a daily task (fixed time) and enable shutdown after execution. If I need my pc later on, I'll have to remember to disable the shutdown within the settings to prevent it from shutting down...

Many thansk in advance.

Matthias
rossmanith
Lurker

Liked: never

Re: Manually triggered backup job

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your kind words! To accomplish this, you can do the following, not very elegant, but should work:

1. Trigger ad-hoc backup manually, shut down should not be performed according to Dima > Feature request - shutdown/lock/sleep when completed
2. Do daily backups at log off/lock events and choose to power down your laptop once backup job is complete

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Manually triggered backup job

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:28 pm 1 person likes this post

Matthias,

As for post job activities, you can assign a custom script to windows task scheduler and use Veeam Endpoint Backup events as a trigger Veeam Endpoint Backup Events :wink:
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows