- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm
I tried your product and it seems pretty good already!
I'm wondering wether it is possible to start the backup task / application by parameters / script (batch, powershell, etc.) so that it is possible to do different kinds of backups by different scripts.
1. I want to start a backup of my pc when i leave the office. I don't want it to shutdown as I have to work later that night remotely.
--> e.g. Batchfile: C:\veeam\backup.exe -start -shutdown=false
2. I want to start a backup of my pc when i leave the office. I will not need it anymore so it can be shutdown after the backup has finished.
--> e.g. Batchfile: C:\veeam\backup.exe -start -shutdown=true
Is this possible?
Currently I would have to schedule a daily task (fixed time) and enable shutdown after execution. If I need my pc later on, I'll have to remember to disable the shutdown within the settings to prevent it from shutting down...
Many thansk in advance.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 21861
- Liked: 1318 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
Thank you for your kind words! To accomplish this, you can do the following, not very elegant, but should work:
1. Trigger ad-hoc backup manually, shut down should not be performed according to Dima > Feature request - shutdown/lock/sleep when completed
2. Do daily backups at log off/lock events and choose to power down your laptop once backup job is complete
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 9132
- Liked: 680 times
- Joined: Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm
- Full Name: Dmitry Popov
- Location: Prague
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests