Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
krogerss
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Tape backups

Post by krogerss »

Is there a way via script or however to force Veeam to use a specific tape drive for a job? Currently, my tape jobs are running sequentially for the most part and using the same drive over and over. Thanks in advance.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Tape backups

Post by veremin »

How many drives your library happens to have? What if you create several media pools (one per drive) and point tape jobs to them? In this case, you should be able to run multiple jobs even in parallel. Thanks.
krogerss
Enthusiast

Post by krogerss »

It has 4 drives. That's an option. However, I guess that would require a tape for each job (4) when I'm currently using 2 tapes for the 4 jobs.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Then, combination of two media pools and two tape jobs should suit your needs, shouldn't it?
krogerss
Enthusiast

Post by krogerss »

Well I have two media pools, but 4 jobs. They don't typically run at the same time though. They start after the source job (to disk) completes. I could probably keep tweaking the jobs and find a happy medium. But I don't think what I initially had in mind is possible.