Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
shifto
Novice
Liked: never

Error (VSS?) using Endpoint

Post by shifto »

When I try to backup a certain Windows Server 2008R2 machine using Endpoint I get the following error:

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Failed to read data from the file [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy151]. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. Exception from server: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Failed to read data from the file [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy151]. Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [34737]. Failed to download disk.

I've checked the hardware (raid controller, drives) and the filesystem (chkdsk, shrink volume) but nothing seems to work. The eventviewer isn't listing any problems which seem to be related. I can't figure this out, has someone been able to solve this?

If needed I will open a support ticket but I hope someone can tell me without having to. :)

Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Error (VSS?) using Endpoint

Post by Mike Resseler »

First, is this an R2 SP1 server? Because that is the minimum you need to be able to run VEB.

If it is, then Dima P. on the forums will help you collecting logs and work with a dropbox or onedrive or something like that...
shifto
Novice

Post by shifto »

Hi Mike,
Yeah I'm using the latest versions (including patches) for VBR and VEB. I didn't know these posts had to be approved (just dissapeared) so I figured I'd make a support ticket anyway. My support number is 00909713 which should contain the needed logs. :)
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Post approved? What went wrong?

What I meant by R2 SP1 is the version of windows server that you are backing up

Thanks

Mike
shifto
Novice

Post by shifto »

Yes, I have installed SP1 (its actually up to date with all Windows updates). Also a support technician replied to my support ticket saying I should try using Victoria application to test the drive. Will get back to you in a moment, I'm going to try this. :)
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Nice,

Thanks for the feedback