Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: BackupSrvFileToTape failed Tape fatal error. Code 1167

Post by Dima P. »

Steffen ,
I am glad to hear that our support team has helped you in the investigation and you are up and running now. Additional kudos to your post for sharing the details explanation of the provided solution!
martynuk
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Martin Etheridge

Post by martynuk » 2 people like this post

I had the same thing when I installed the v10.10.0.0 HP agents on our B&R server, so the issue still exists. Definitely the HP agents which caused this, breaking the HP tape drivers. In my case I uninstalled the agents to resolve the problem.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your findings. It saved me a lot of time investigating why our tape backups suddenly started failing.
push3r
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by push3r »

Thank you OP for posting your solution. I rolled back to 9.50 and all is hunky dory.

Note: For those doing the roll back, if you cannot install the 9.50 WBEM agent then it's a problem with the Visual C++ 2012 RTM being installed from installing the HP Insight Management Agent. Uninstall the Visual C++ 2012 RTM first, then install 9.50 WBEM, and finally install the HP Insight Management Agent. Do it in that order and the 9.50 WBEM will install fine.