Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
theflash89
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Brett Brownderville

Feature Request - Labtech Plugin Integration

Post by theflash89 » 1 person likes this post

We are looking to use this software to completely replace Backup Exec on our client's physical machines. One nice thing would be able to integrate it with the labtech plugin for Labtech 10 when it is released. Most of these clients are a small one server shop for now as well, so if it could be able to work independently of Backup & Replication, that would be awesome for this.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Feature Request - Labtech Plugin Integration

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Brett,

Yes, this is actually planned for the short term future. Can you please tell me what capabilities you would like to see in integration with LabTech? What would be your top 5 must have features of first release of the plug-in?

Thanks!
theflash89
Novice

Post by theflash89 »

Well my answer will be skewed a bit as I have only been a propartner for a short while and was already on labtech 10 at the time. All that to say I haven't ever been able to use the plugin to monitor anything yet.

For my wishes that it could monitor:
Last 7 days job statues (success, fail, warning)
Repository Size (size being used/size available/percentages)
See what the job actually does
Email alert ability

I think those 4 things would get me in a much better situation to roll this out to all my remaining physical boxes.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Brett,
By the way, how critical is to lock the Endpoint configuration and restore functionality from an end user activity (read only mode) ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

theflash89 wrote:All that to say I haven't ever been able to use the plugin to monitor anything yet.
I believe you're referring to Veeam B&R plug-in here which is already available? How many computers you would like to protect with Veeam Endpoint?
theflash89
Novice

Post by theflash89 »

Vitaliy S. wrote: I believe you're referring to Veeam B&R plug-in here which is already available? How many computers you would like to protect with Veeam Endpoint?
We are on Labtech 10. The current B&R plugin doesn't function in Labtech 10. We are looking at installing Endpoint on upwards of 50 physical servers.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, that's what I've thought. In order to install Endpoint I assume you will need silent installation, remote job management and that's it? How about restores? Will your managed users do file-level restores themselves or it will be you who will do this?
theflash89
Novice

Post by theflash89 » 1 person likes this post

Vitaliy S. wrote:In order to install Endpoint I assume you will need silent installation, remote job management and that's it? How about restores? Will your managed users do file-level restores themselves or it will be you who will do this?
Silent Install & remote job management would be great. Restores don't necessarily have to be done remotely. Usually we log into the servers in order to do a restore. If that function could be done within the plugin, that would really push this over the top. We do all restores for our clients.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Perfect, it seems like we are on the same page regarding what features are required. Let me know if you come up with anything extra that you would like to see in the plug-in for Endpoint.
wnichols
Novice
Liked: never

Post by wnichols »

theflash89 wrote: Silent Install & remote job management would be great. Restores don't necessarily have to be done remotely. Usually we log into the servers in order to do a restore. If that function could be done within the plugin, that would really push this over the top. We do all restores for our clients.
I echo these requirements. Any idea on when the plugin might be available for testing?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thank you for your interest in this integration! Actually we were not planning doing any public betas for this, but I would happy to recruit a focus group (based on the demand) that I could personally provide support and work directly when we will be closer to the GA.

How many endpoints/servers you have in your infrastructure that you would like to test this integration with?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev » 2 people like this post

Veeam Endpoint Backup for LabTech has been officially announced.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

And if you want to see the live demo of the integration, you can sign up to the whiteboard episode via this link > http://www.veeam.com/veeamlive/managing ... btech.html
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

For those of you who missed this show, here is the link with a recording for this webinar > http://www.veeam.com/videos/managing-ba ... -6363.html
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Guys, we have just went live with this solution, thank you all for your feedback, WebEx calls, and meetings at Automation Nation! Check out this topic for more info > [VEB FOR LABTECH] Current version is 1.0 (Sep 17, 2015)
srau
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Sam Rau

Post by srau »

It would be nice to have a dataview or have a field in the Veeam Endpoint Backup tab to see if the backup type is Full Server, Volume or File based.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Sam,

That's a good suggestion, thanks! Currently, you can review what has been backed up via session history, but I assume you already know that.
Thanks!