Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
jlehtinen
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

topology collection failure - every 30 minutes

Post by jlehtinen »

I added an ESXi 5.1 host to our Veeam One Free v7 instance. No issues or errors adding it in.

However, since adding it, every 30 minutes I get a "topology collection failure", and "events data collection failure" error from this host. These errors immediately reset to resolved. I can refresh the server view, view stats/metrics with no problems.

Any ideas what's up here? I have other ESXi hosts running the same exact build and I don't see this problem. One difference is this particular host has no local disk (boots off USB). I'm wondering if there's some sort of time-out or issue related to that.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: topology collection failure - every 30 minutes

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi John,

What about events? Can you please check that even & tasks tab does have some data without any gaps?

P.S. Any reason you're still using version 7 and not our latest release?

Thanks!
jlehtinen
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: John Lehtinen

Post by jlehtinen »

Interesting.

In Tasks and Events for this host, I see 2 errors every 30 minutes about the data collection and topology collection failure with details: "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel". Then exactly 1 minute later there are 2 events saying that topology and data collection succeeded.

In regards to your question, no reason for not using v8. Do you think it would resolve this issue?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Not sure, seems like this issue can only be confirmed for this host. Do you see any error messages in ESXi host itself? You can check that via tasks & events tab?

As to upgrading to v8, then it has a re-designed UI and more functionality (alarms, reports) for monitoring virtual and backup infrastructures, so I would upgrade if I were you.