Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
jsehmi
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jagdeep Sehmi

Wrong info in Vmware Monitor (Trial Version)

Post by jsehmi »

I just downloaded the latest version of VMWare Monitor 4.5.0.189 and am trying to do a demo to my management. Unfortunately, the info shown about the host is incorrect. I have only 2 HBAs (single-port) on the hosts and the monitor is reporting 5. Also, how can I see the network utilisation on all the NICs/ vSwitches. This only gives me an average on the host. Would like to know who is using this as an enterprise monitoring tool, since the information provided is not detailed enough.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Wrong info in Vmware Monitor (Trial Version)

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Jagdeep,

Could you please provide us with the screenshots so we could see how HBAs are reported by Monitor and vSphere Client? As for per network device utilization please select Counters and choose a device you would like to see.

Hope it helps!
jsehmi
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jagdeep Sehmi

Post by jsehmi »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hello Jagdeep,

Could you please provide us with the screenshots so we could see how HBAs are reported by Monitor and vSphere Client? As for per network device utilization please select Counters and choose a device you would like to see.

Hope it helps!
Well the 5 HBAs include the local IDE/ Smart Array and the FC controllers. I guess it is not a problem, Veeam does not mention how many Fibre HBAs are installed. Also, there are no options available to select either vSwitches or vmnics in 'Counters for Network'.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hm... could you please describe what objects do you see on devices list while choosing Select counters on Cluster/ESX host network tab?

Thanks!