Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
agrob
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Andre

Deploy virtual lab - copying proxy appliance file error

Post by agrob »

Good Day

If i try to create a new virutal lab the process can not copy the proxy appliance files. Wizard can create vswitch and mount nfs datastore to the selected backup host but cant copy the needed files

Code: Select all

Failed to transfer: C:\....\livecd.iso
Failed to get file: C:\....\livecd.iso
NFC Storage Connection is unavailable
If i select another host in another data center with different ip range it works.

How is the transfer of the needed files exactely done so that i can figure out what i need to change?

Thanks in advance
André
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Deploy virtual lab - copying proxy appliance file error

Post by Shestakov »

Hello, André
Have you checked the corresponding KB article discussing typical NFС connectivity troubleshooting steps? Thanks.
agrob
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Andre

Post by agrob » 1 person likes this post

thanks for your answer Shestakov. In the meantime i was able to fix the problem. Have noticed that i was able to connect to the affected esx host with telnet on port 902 but i just got disconnected after some seconds. normaly after connection you should get a message like "220 VMware Authentication Daemon Version...." which i didn't get. so i wanted to restart the management services on the affected host which did not work. (got some error message). so there was something wrong with the host and i had to reboot. now everythin works fine.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Indeed connection to port is one of the most frequent problems. Great the issue is solved now.