Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Nookie
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Nick Johnston

Physical server backup fail

Post by Nookie »

I have a HP DL370 G6 running Server 2008 R2. It is a SQL Server
I have installed the latest version of VEB and configured it to backup the C: volume and point it at a B&R Repository.
The job starts fine but after 17 seconds I get the following error.
Error: Cannot find partition \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\Harddisk3\Partition1
Google hasn't given me many leads...Does anyone have any ideas as to why this error is occurring?
I can do a folder based backup from the same volume or from another volume ok.
I logged this with Veeam as we have Premium support but was pushed back and told to use the email support in the application.
However this is a server and it doesn't have any access to the internet so i can't use that method.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Physical server backup fail

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Nick,

You can open support case via any other Endpoint and then just attach logs from that server. On a side note, what partitions do you have for this server? Any hidden, system recovery ones?

Thanks!
Nookie
Novice

Post by Nookie »

Hi Vitaliy, that is what I did. However being Endpoint there are no logs to attach. All you get is event logs so I attached those.
After doing that I was still told to use the email only support since I had logged a ticket and it went to the wrong area.
But as I have no internet connectivity from the server I can't send the email using the web form and since no email address is provided, it is not possible to send emails....
Case # 00967729
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...can you attach logs from this location "C:\ProgramData\Veeam\EndPoint" and send them to your support engineer?
Nookie
Novice

Post by Nookie »

Hi Vitaliy, I have logged another case (#00977766) and have been pushed back yet again.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

As far as I see your support engineer has informed you that he will move this ticket to Endpoint queue manually, so let's wait till our support reviews your log files.

P.S. on a side note, I didn't say to open a case via our support channels for paid products, I have just advised to install Endpoint on another computer with internet access and then open a support case from that location ;)