Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
trackstar
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Permanent Failover issue

Post by trackstar »

Hello,

I have been able to use replication to move the VMs over to our new hosts many times. I encountered an issue tonight where it was failing with the error message. I tried different options such as undo failover, rescan replicas, and fall back to production but nothing happened (Same error).

1/8/2015 9:15:35 PM Error Permanent failover has failed. Error: Unable to find replica VM for 'CMCX2-DStore3*'

I figure since the virtual machine has been successfully booted from the new host (i verified the window OS by logging in, etc). I went ahead and removed the snapshots at the destination host (VMware). Currently on the Veeam console, the machine is still listed under "Active". What should I do? How do I remove it off the Active list?

At this point, I am set on using he current virtual machine that was loaded onto the new host (no other option).

TS
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Permanent Failover issue

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

If you want to continue using this VM replica as production VM, then yes, you can try to remove it from the backup console (select "remove from replicas" option) and delete the replication job that was used to transfer VM data.

Thank you!
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

It is grayed out (under "remove from replicas"). I went to the replication and removed the job. Still the machine is listed under "Active".
alanbolte
Veteran
Liked: 174 times
Full Name: Alan Bolte

Post by alanbolte »

I recommend you open a case with Support.
trackstar
Expert

Post by trackstar »

alanbolte wrote:I recommend you open a case with Support.

I opened a case with support. Support installed SQL Managment and removed machine from "Active". The machine then turned to "Ready" status where we were able to choose the option to remove replica.

Thanks,
TS
locating
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by locating »

trackstar wrote:
I opened a case with support. Support installed SQL Managment and removed machine from "Active". The machine then turned to "Ready" status where we were able to choose the option to remove replica.

Thanks,
TS
Can you post the steps of turning status of Active to Ready?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

It's recommended to contact support team and perform direct interactions with db under their supervision. Thanks.
cyrus104
Novice
Liked: never

Post by cyrus104 »

@veremin, I have the same issue and would like to get some support for this. I have one replica in db that is in a failback state but wasn't commited and the replica was deleted in vsphere. With it in this state I cannot delete the config or job.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Kindly, open a support ticket for further assistance. Thanks!