Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
HMwkr
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

VEB 1.1.1.212 update fails

Post by HMwkr »

Morning All

Have tried updating 1.0.0.1954 to 1.1.1.212 on two domain computers via control panel. On one - Win7x64 - after a long wait, "failed to download the update" is displayed. On the other Win2008R2, downloads OK but sits at "Installing" for hours. Have restarted both, no difference. Have installed VEB 1.1.1.212 from scratch successfully on another domain computer. In case relevant: W2008R2 can access internet on all ports; W7-64 limited to http/s and ftp. Running as local admin on W7-64, domain admin on W2008R2. 50Mbps connection, fresh ZIP downloads in a few minutes.

Any ideas?

Regards
William
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: VEB 1.1.1.212 update fails

Post by Dima P. »

Hi William,

Might be related to many factors. If you faced any issues while downloading the update thru built in functionality the easiest way to workaround it – download the update manually thru the web side (http://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free.html). Of course if you want to investigate this issue – feel free to open a support case from the affected endpoint. Cheers!
HMwkr
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by HMwkr »

Thanks for the quick reply.

a) I tried initially through the online support page - we are a Veeam customer - but did not see any option for VEB. Support tickets now opened direct through VEB ... # 01003990 and # 01003995.

b) does installing the update from a full download preserve user settings? The only time I tried this, it did not do so, but that was not for this latest version 1.1.1.212.

I have a dozen VEBs to update so I would like to get the built-in update function working.

William
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Support tickets now opened direct through VEB ... # 01003990 and # 01003995.
That’s correct. VEB has a free support policy so it has a special way of opening support cases. Although, if you issue refers backing up to the VBR repository - its recommended to open a VBR case via customer portal.
does installing the update from a full download preserve user settings? The only time I tried this, it did not do so, but that was not for this latest version 1.1.1.212.
Settings must be preserved.
I have a dozen VEBs to update so I would like to get the built-in update function working
The funny part is that the latest update includes some corrections regrading auto update functionality (a time out logic was improved as far as I know), so support team may ask you to update manually in order to resolve the existing issues :wink: