Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
pmalinov
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

TapeDrive alert:The library has been manually turned offline

Post by pmalinov »

We are using Dell 124T tape backup library and it is working OK, but I noticed that every time the tape backup job runs we get several alerts: "8/23/2015 8:10:06 PM :: TapeDrive alert: I: The library has been manually turned offline and is unavailable for use."

These do not interrupt our tape backups and they complete but it bothers me to get these alerts and I want to prevent anything bigger from happening. Does anyone know why these alerts are displayed and how to resolve them?

Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: TapeDrive alert:The library has been manually turned off

Post by veremin »

It seems that the alerts were generated by library itself and backup server just took them from it as is. It might be related to temporary problems with connectivity or something similar.

More information can be found in the logs. To analyze those, kindly, open a support ticket.

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Agree – looks like a device alert. Googling also tells me that this error might be a reflection of magazine removal
pmalinov
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by pmalinov »

Thank you for your comments. Will try some things before the next job. Maybe run a scan before I run the jobs.
ck8
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by ck8 »

@pmalinov: I have the same problem with a Tandberg StorageLoader at the moment. About two months ago the problem was temporarily solved by upgrading the firmware of the loader and the drive but suddenly, without any change from my side I get this warning every day the backup job starts.

Did u ever resolve the problem?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi ck8,

I suggest to open a support case and let the support engineers check the tape logs. If you do, please do not forget to share the case ID in this thread. Thanks!