Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
monstermania
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dirk Klatt

File to tape from NAS share

Post by monstermania »

With Veeam 7 we ar not able to backup our NAS to a tape by a network share. The NAS contains 6 shares with over 400.000 files and Veeam 7 are to slow to make a backup to tape over sunday!

After we’ve updated from veeam 7 to 8 we try again to backup our NAS to tape. The backup performance of Veeam 8 seems ok now!
But we have a problem to backup all the shares on the NAS. There are 6 shares on the NAS. 5 of the shares are processed without any problem but with 1 share we got the message ‘unable to enumerate files in folder \\NAS\share01
We can we solve this problem or find out which data on the share make the trouble?
We are using Veeam 8.0.0.2030

best regards
Dirk
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: File to tape from NAS share

Post by PTide »

Hi,

That looks like a permission issue with the whole share. Please check whether you credentials are valid for that failing share.

Thank you.
monstermania
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dirk Klatt

Post by monstermania »

Hi,
the user have the same permissions to all shares on the NAS (full access)!
I've tried to backup some big folders out of the share that shows the error (6 folders). These folders processed by veeam without any problems.
But i can't do this for all folders into the share because the are to many (168 folders in the share).

So i don't think that it is an user credential problem!

best regards
Dirk
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

That looks wierd. Please contact support team for further investigation. They will ask you to provide logs, so please export your logs. Also, please post your case ID here.

Thank you.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

So i don't think that it is an user credential problem!
I’d try to disable the firewalls between tape serve/backup server and file shares. Also you could check the permissions by trying to open the affected file shares while logged in under Veeam B&R service account.