Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
schwarzer
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nenad M.

Unable to auto-match disks

Post by schwarzer »

Hi,

I am trying to baremetal restore HDD 512 to SSD512 with VEB 1.1.1.212 (Entire computer option) and got error " Unable to auto-match disks" and gave me options to restore manualy. In manual mode it also popup some auto-match error.
Strange thing is that I do this whole operation, twice, with previous version of VEB with no error, with indentical Laptop models DELL E7440, indentical configuration. As I was able to read release notes of new version 1.1.1.212, there are some upgrades to this matching disk problems, but somethings is wrong...

P.S. I just notice red letters that I need to enter support case ID. I dont have it. I just want to help.

Thanks,
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Unable to auto-match disks

Post by Dima P. »

Hello schwarzer,
P.S. I just notice red letters that I need to enter support case ID. I dont have it. I just want to help.
That is highly appreciated! Thank you.
In manual mode it also popup some auto-match error.
Can you double check what was the original error while manually matching the volumes?
schwarzer
Influencer

Post by schwarzer »

Hi,
Update info:

I manage to restore it, almost. Recovery image this time was same version as boot recovery disk. Ive got error "Auto match disk..." on "entire computer restore" option but success (without error) on manual restore. But... after restore computer fail to boot and I then realize that there is no partitions on new disk (boot , and C) ?!

I will try to repeat whole process whit previous version of client and boot disk.
schwarzer
Influencer

Post by schwarzer »

Update:
Same thing again , even with previous version. Something is different with this PC or Disk or.... Error after selecting manual restore mode is: "Cannot find original disk layout. Do you want to partition this disk manualy"
schwarzer
Influencer

Post by schwarzer »

Resolved: I had to erase and format new SSD. Maybe it will be god idea to insert some pre question in this situation, something like " do you want to format , erase destination disk to finish restore"....
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Glad to hear it! To clarify does this operation was successful Step 11. Map Restored Disks? Thanks.