Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bigfriggin
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Big Friggin Unit

"Can't connect to service." when running a job

Post by bigfriggin »

Freshly installed B&R4 instance on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server, with a local SQL 2008 Enterprise SP1 database. Windows Firewall and UAC are both turned off and I'm logged in as a local administrator.

I can create jobs, but when I try to manually run a job, the GUI hangs for about 2-3 seconds and comes back with "Can't connect to service.".

Help! and thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: "Can't connect to service." when running a job

Post by Gostev »

Please check if Veeam Backup and FastSCP service is running. If it is running, please contact our support for assistance. I have not seen this issue reported before, so cannot even guess what can be causing this... the product was tested and should definitely work with 2008 R2.
rdelcast
Lurker
Full Name: Rafael DelCastillo

Post by rdelcast »

I have the same issue, but it is off/on. Works, then get the message cannot connect to service. I have almost the same exact setup as foremetioned, and also tried turning the firewall off.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Rafael,

For all technical issues please refer to our support team, as it is hard to troubleshoot technical issues via forums without seeing the full logs.

Thanks!
pmaceli
Novice
Full Name: Peter

Post by pmaceli »

Thought I'd chime in since I ran into this exact problem. It was because I changed my machine's IP address after installing and running the program. I noticed in the logs that veeam was trying to connect to the old IP. Once I restarted the service, veeam began working fine.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing! This information should be useful for other community members who are facing the same issues.