Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
fr0d0
Lurker
Liked: never

Program Update failing

Post by fr0d0 »

I've searched and found nothing on this...

From the Endpoint Backup program I am unable to update. I guess the settings for proxy etc are inside the app. Is there any way to configure it to use a proxy server? IE is configured and it's not picking it up from that.

Thanks
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: Program Update failing

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Which Endpoint version do you use? If 1.0 then please download an update for 1.1 manually from the website as there was an updatebug discovered. Also please refer to this thread.

Thank you
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hey,
I guess the settings for proxy etc are inside the app. Is there any way to configure it to use a proxy server? IE is configured and it's not picking it up from that.
There was a bug in 1.0 – Endpoint cannot pick the proxy settings correctly from the IE. It was corrected in the next versions; to work around the existing issue please follow the manual upgrade procedure (download the installation package from the website and start the setup to upgrade).
fr0d0
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by fr0d0 »

Thank you for the answer. That worked.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

You are welcome. This is the first and the last time you have to update Endpoint manually – latest build has this behavior fixed, make sure you have automatically check for updates option enabled in order to be notified about the latest updates. Thanks!