Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
edgonz
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ed

Restore individual messages to user's mailbox

Post by edgonz »

I don't know what piece of configuration I'm missing but maybe someone can help me.

Exchange Server 2010.
Veeam 8.0.0.2030 (no Outlook client loaded on Veeam server)

Veeam Explorer for MS Exchange, I do have a user account, and password, in the SMTP settings tab (who is part of the Exchange Full Admins AD group) .

However, when I try to restore to the user's mailbox, I get prompted for credentials again - I type the same credentials in SMTP settings tab - and I get the following message: Cannot open mailbox 'User@mydomain.com'. Please check whether the specified account has sufficient rights.

I've also typed different accounts and no credentials seem to work. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore individual messages to user's mailbox

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Ed,

Please, check that account you are typing in has access to the needed mailbox like described in this article. Thanks
edgonz
Influencer

Post by edgonz »

Thanks for your reply. I've followed that document, and I've been using Example 2 and I'm still unable to restore specific emails directly to the user's mailbox.
I've checked, using Get-MailboxPermission, that the Veeam backup user has full access to the mailbox and yet I still get the "Please check whether the specified account has sufficient rights."
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Ed, if the account you're using for restore has full mailbox rights and you still cannot succeed, please contact technical support for a closer look at your setup. Thanks.
edgonz
Influencer

Post by edgonz » 2 people like this post

After calling support, they helped me determine the issue. Since we use a load balancer for our Exchange servers, here's the KB given to me that helped me with this issue: http://www.veeam.com/kb1936