Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
scott.anderson
Service Provider
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Scott Anderson

Veeam EP for LabTech

Post by scott.anderson » 2 people like this post

OK, great so Veeam now have a solution that allows management of Veeam EPB. Veeam Endpoint Protection for LabTech.

Trial looks great. Licensing sucks if you are not in the US.

Unfortunately its totally unavailable anywhere other than the US :evil:

Please can we get this available outside of the US as soon as possible!!! :roll:

Lets no get into the same boat as so many other vendors and get into the habit of sprooking vapor ware all over the website that you can't actual purchase.

B&R v9 is acceptable as it states its still to be released, but this product is stated as available on the website!!! And its NOT!!!!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam EP for LabTech

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Scott,

Thanks – I hope we can figure something out in regards to licensing. I am curious is the plugin good enough or you feel some functionality need to be adjusted or might be simply missing? Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Scott, what territory are you in, APAC? I agree that it should be available worldwide, but it was not my call, anyway I have escalated your question and feedback to our sales team.
scott.anderson
Service Provider
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Scott Anderson

Post by scott.anderson »

Hi Vitaliy, Dmitry,

I'm in Australia, so APAC. We have been trying to get licensing for a customer who really likes VEP, but wants the management. They have a couple of hundred endpoints setup (manually!) and would love to be able to manage them. The Veeam for Labtech looks like the answer, but we can't get any pricing for them as its not available from Veeam or Labtech in Australia!

We could look at buying it from the US, but that gets hard very quickly as far as currency, support etc.

If the product works, can we please have it made available!!!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Scott,

This is (of course) not a technical problem, but a sales / agreement problem. I can't say how long it will take, and as you have seen from Vitaliy, this has been escalated. I believe upcoming conversations are in the make so fingers crossed :-)

Mike
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Scott, I would also recommend to reach local LabTech reps and ask them the same question, this should speed up the process as well.