Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ismailkaratas
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ismail Karatas

I can't take backup with Local User

Post by ismailkaratas »

Hi,

I am using veeam backup v8. I connected vCenter 6.0 on veeam backup v8. I have a sql vm. It works standalone.It isn't a domain member.

I created a local user which has admin privileged. But I can't take backup. Error is;
"11/16/2015 11:34:10 AM :: Processing COMPUTERNAME Error: Failed to connect to guest agent. Errors:'Cannot connect to the host's administrative share. Host: [IP ADDRESS]. Account: [COMPUTERNAME\USER].Win32 error:The network name cannot be found. Code: 67'

On the other hand I am taking backup with Local Administrator ( Windows Default Administrator Account) Account.

Why Can't I take backup with local admin user?

Best Regards,
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: I can't take backup with Local User

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please check the KB article and if nothing helps kindly open a case with support.

Thank you.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Check if UAC is enabled inside guest OS.
ismailkaratas
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ismail Karatas

Post by ismailkaratas » 2 people like this post

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much for answers. I resolved problem. I turned off to UAC from Control Panel. Then I checked to UAC from Registry and UAC enabled (value=1). I changed value (0) of UAC.

Solution:

Open the registry. Path; "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system -Name EnableLUA -Value 0"

Best Regards,
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Glad you were able to get it to work. In your case, VM is processed via VIX, since network connection to it is not available. So unless you specify built-in Administrator account (that is exempt from UAC by default), you need to disable UAC.