Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
vlaxa
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Vladan Laxa

Excluding hosts from reporter

Post by vlaxa »

Im able to exclude host from Monitor based on this KB: http://www.veeam.com/kb1899 but i could not find a solution for excluding hosts from One 8 reporter in documentation or any other KB for 8.0 version. Could you point me the right way how to do that?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Excluding hosts from reporter

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Vladan,
Procedure of hosts exclusion is same. You exclude them in Veeam ONE Monitor and the will be excluded from Reporter automatically.
Is your goal to exclude them from Reporter only? If yes, why?
Thanks!
vlaxa
Novice

Post by vlaxa »

They are excluded from monitor successfully, but they are still present in reporter. It is the same after manual data collection in reporter and there is licence warning too.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

There were some related minor bugs. However Monitor should not send the warning if you excluded enough sockets. When did you exclude the hosts from monitoring?
What product version are you at?
Thanks!
vlaxa
Novice

Post by vlaxa »

They were excluded after they are seen in reporter dashboard. Actual product version is 8.0 update 2 build: 8.0.0.1669.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks. Since it`s a known bug of v8u2, there is nothing we can do now.
As I mentioned above, Monitor should not send the warning if you excluded enough sockets. If it still triggers the alarms unexpectedly, feel free to contact Veeam technical support team.
Thanks!
michaelB
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Michael Borchers

Post by michaelB »

same problem here. I excluded old hosts from the Monitor and cleaned the object from the reporter databse but the reporter ist still giving me the warning. Also another collection job for Veeam B&R is giving me an error:

18.12.2015 14:30:14 [info]: Initializing data collector
18.12.2015 14:30:14 [info]: Initializing connection
18.12.2015 14:30:14 [error]: Veeam ONE free edition supports Veeam Cloud Connect only. If you want to add full version of Veeam Backup & Replication, please use paid edition of Veeam ONE.
18.12.2015 14:30:14 [info]: srv-w2k8-admin: Data collection completed
18.12.2015 14:30:14 [info]: Data collection completed for all objects.
18.12.2015 14:30:14 [error]: Collection has failed. Performing rollback to the previous session state...
18.12.2015 14:30:14 [info]: Rollback to the previous session state has been completed.

First I thought my problems are caused by changing the adminstrators password of the windows server, but I changed it in every veeam service where i could found credentials for the windows server.
Also the veeam B&R and veeam ONE(after exlduing the old hosts from monitoring) got a valid full license and is working fine in the veeam Monitor. So I think the reporters first warning is causing the problems.
Shestakov
Veteran

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Michael.
If you have a valid Veeam ONE license, the behavior you described is unexpected. Please contact technical support team for the issue investigation.
By the way, do VBR reports work in Veeam ONE reporter? Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Just to confirm - do you have Data Protection view enabled in Monitor Client and you see all backup components as well as backup jobs?