Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
michalsz2
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike

Error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O

Post by michalsz2 »

Hello, Running Endpoint to USB drive on desktop. Close to finish after 5-6 hrs Im getting:

12/3/2015 3:59:51 PM :: Error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Failed to read data from the file [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy9]. Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. Exception from server: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Failed to read data from the file [\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy9]. Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [3745

I looked at the forum but all similar posts talk about problems with backing up via network, but this is USB.

Please advice.
Thank You
Mike
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error: The request could not be performed because of an

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Mike,

We need to check your logs, so can you please open a support case thru the Endpoint’s Control Panel > Support > Technical Support (its free and we get the application logs immediately). Do not forget to share the case ID. Thanks!
michalsz2
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike

Post by michalsz2 »

case number is 01223195
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Duplicated case for this issue - 01226089 (just for the future reference).
Amily Kassia
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Amily

Re: Error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O

Post by Amily Kassia » 1 person likes this post

You need to download, install and update your device driver. After doing so, remove the connected device and try to reconnect it with your system to check if it can still be detected or not.
Or you can use the command line to check and repair Disk errors.
If these two ways are unavailable, you can try to change the transfer mode of the drive.
Hope these ways can help you.