Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
chillware
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: David McCoy

Random [Backup performance data collection failure] Alarms

Post by chillware »

Ok, so I've been using Veeam One Monitor since v6, and upgraded through every available version, we are on the latest v9 now (There have been a couple of clean installs/new backup servers along the way).. And for as long as I can remember we have been getting this specific alarm randomly about 3 - 4 time a day..

Backup performance data collection failure ... It'll alarm for the backup server and all of the proxies (3 of them) at the exact same time. Then about a minute or less later, all 4 will all resolve at the exact same time. Every time we do an upgrade I am hoping this will get fixed, but it never does.. Of course vCenter/vSphere has been upgraded all along the way as well, currently on vSphere 6 U1b.

Why would this alarm randomly throughout the day/night and then immediately resolve? It's been going on so long, it's just annoying at this point. I know I could turn off that alarm, but I don't want to do that either. Thanks!
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Random [Backup performance data collection failure] Alar

Post by Shestakov »

Hello David, how often does the collection from backup server happen?
Does the collection itself work fine?
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

David, there could be various reasons for this alarm. Do you have a support case opened on this, so that we could take a look at your infrastructure?
chillware
Influencer

Post by chillware »

Shestakov wrote:Hello David, how often does the collection from backup server happen?
Does the collection itself work fine?
Thanks!

How can I check how often it's happening? Yes, it appears to be working.. I have do have performance data available to me.
chillware
Influencer

Post by chillware »

Vitaliy S. wrote:David, there could be various reasons for this alarm. Do you have a support case opened on this, so that we could take a look at your infrastructure?
No, do not currently have one open.. Is that best route? is there anything off the top of your head I should be checking? Thanks!
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

chillware wrote:How can I check how often it's happening? Yes, it appears to be working.. I have do have performance data available to me.
It can be found in Reportet>Configuration>Servers.
By default it collects the information daily. So I`m curious if you changed the setting and if you have the alarm triggered as often (and in the same time) as the collection job runs.
chillware wrote:No, do not currently have one open.. Is that best route? is there anything off the top of your head I should be checking?
It`s not a known behavior. We can make assumptions, but it`s better if you start an issue investigation with the support team as well.
Thanks!