Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Removing "duplicate" replica entries after consolidating job

Post by pkelly_sts »

I've recently consolidated two separate replica jobs into a single job (original 2 was to send to 2 different datastores but then I learned you could configure different datastores for different VMs within the job).

However, in the "Replicas | Ready" section of the console I can still see the legacy "replicas" (and their final timestamps) as well as their currently timestamped replacements.

What's the cleanest/safest way to remove the legacy replica entries without either affecting the "new" ones (which simply mapped to the previous ones) or accidentally pulling them out of the replacement job - the original replica job has since been deleted.

I logged this as 01714990 (in case it required some SQL dabbling) but as a question rather than fault so SLA may not be too quick so thought I'd ask here anyway in the meantime...
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: Removing "duplicate" replica entries after consolidating

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Your new mapped replica job does not create a new replica it just copies the difference thus you can just click "remove from configuration" button.

Thank you.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Re: Removing "duplicate" replica entries after consolidating

Post by pkelly_sts » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm still on v8 so "Remove from Replicas" seems to be the equivalent & had the desired effect - I just wasn't sure if it would have been removed from ALL replica jobs, especially as the original job no longer existed.

Tested on a least-important VM first & had the desired results so have done the remainder too. Thanks!