Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ronniecoleman
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ronnie Coleman

Backup after jobedit results in full instead incremental b.

Post by ronniecoleman »

Hello,

there goes my second question :oops:

I created a new job and executed it - the full backup was created.
Now I edited the job settings (not the target, and not the overall backup scope - it remained on file-level backup mode, I only changed the "sub-backup modes" of the volumes in the next step). It then created a new full backup (.vbk).

But maybe it's only a wrong description in the manual:
According to page 74 in the user guide:
- it will create a new full backup, only if I change the target location (didn't happen)
- "If you change the backup scope [...] it will create a new incremental backup that will contain a full copy of all data that you have selected to back up.". That's what I tried.

But here's the small discrepancy between the manual and reality (I did two tests):
-When changing the scope, the software will always create a full backup (.vbk) instead.
-If I only select different folders, it will behave like mentioned and create a incremental .vib file.

So the second cited statement from the manual/guide is not really correct or am I wrong?

Kind regards!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup after jobedit results in full instead incremental

Post by Dima P. »

Ronnie,

That’s a good question and I assume that Help Center does not correctly describe the behavior – I’ll check with quality assurance team in regards to your question and follow up shortly. Thanks again for the good question.