Backup after jobedit results in full instead incremental b.

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Backup after jobedit results in full instead incremental b.

Veeam Logoby ronniecoleman » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:26 am

Hello,

there goes my second question :oops:

I created a new job and executed it - the full backup was created.
Now I edited the job settings (not the target, and not the overall backup scope - it remained on file-level backup mode, I only changed the "sub-backup modes" of the volumes in the next step). It then created a new full backup (.vbk).

But maybe it's only a wrong description in the manual:
According to page 74 in the user guide:
- it will create a new full backup, only if I change the target location (didn't happen)
- "If you change the backup scope [...] it will create a new incremental backup that will contain a full copy of all data that you have selected to back up.". That's what I tried.

But here's the small discrepancy between the manual and reality (I did two tests):
-When changing the scope, the software will always create a full backup (.vbk) instead.
-If I only select different folders, it will behave like mentioned and create a incremental .vib file.

So the second cited statement from the manual/guide is not really correct or am I wrong?

Kind regards!
ronniecoleman
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Ronnie Coleman

Re: Backup after jobedit results in full instead incremental

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Ronnie,

That’s a good question and I assume that Help Center does not correctly describe the behavior – I’ll check with quality assurance team in regards to your question and follow up shortly. Thanks again for the good question.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows