Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
indigomike
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike Tisdale

Cluster CPU and Memory Utilization Widgets

Post by indigomike »

Am I crazy or did Veeam One switch the Cluster CPU & Memory Utilization widgets from a line graph to a bar graph? I contacted support about this but they said the 'functionality' of switching it back to a line graph is not possible because it is hard coded in v9. Why the change Veeam One? Might I suggest that if development is going to go to the trouble to hard code a visual change like that at least instead give people the option to have either. It just seems like a weird thing to change by hard coding it.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cluster CPU and Memory Utilization Widgets

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mike,

Yes, I agree that it shouldn't have been hard-coded. One of the reasons to make a switch to bars is this one, looks pretty messy. Can you please tell us how many objects do you currently have displayed on the widget?

Thanks!
indigomike
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike Tisdale

Post by indigomike »

Gotcha. At the moment we just have 1 cluster. In my environment it looked a lot cleaner with lines. I'm not sure how all those lines would look as bars but it would be good to have a choice. Thank you for the response!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

You're welcome! For infrastructures with less than 3 clusters, it might be a good idea to allow selecting the widget type. Thanks for bringing this to us!