Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
daphnis
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Notify if enabling AAIP using credentials in UPN format

Post by daphnis »

It would be very nice if Veeam would warn users when enabling Application Aware Image Processing and using credentials in UPN format that this is not supported, doesn't work (really), and shouldn't be used. Otherwise, "RPC function call failed" messages will result and processing will fail. This would, I think, help users understand why AAIP is failing, especially since there is no KB article that references this problem and offering the solution to instead use down-level logon name format.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Notify if enabling AAIP using credentials in UPN format

Post by foggy »

Thanks for the feedback, at least adding a note to documentation makes sense.
daphnis
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times

Post by daphnis »

Why not just put in a Yes/No dialogue box similar to what Veeam now does when setting advanced configuration options for a deduplicating repository? Something like, "Application Processing is not supported with credentials in UPN format, do you still wish to proceed?". The point here is that if a certain combination of settings are known to not work, why not prevent the user from ever saving that configuration in the first place? A new KB really should be written about this, and a line or two should be placed into the user's guide to this effect as well. As it stands, this is the only article I could find that references the issue, and I only found it AFTER figuring out the problem myself and searching for a keyword combination that might yield more accurate results. Please consider this an official feature request/enhancement.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Adding a user guide note is something that can be done quickly (in fact, we've already done that). Everything else requires some development, so cannot be addressed immediately. Anyway, your request is accepted.