Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
albertwt
Veteran
Liked: 46 times

Error & Alert After deleting Backup Copy files ?

Post by albertwt »

Hi People,

Due to the 0 bytes disk space left in my Backup Copy repository drive, I had to delete some of the older Veeam Backup Copy restore points.

Now I get this multiple email alert as below:
Processing PRODORA01-VM Error: File does not exist. File: [K:\Backups\Opera Servers 1\Opera Servers 12016-04-09T193041.vbk]. Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenRead}.
Processing PRODORA01-VM Error: File does not exist. File: [K:\Backups\Opera Servers 1\Opera Servers 12016-04-09T193041.vbk]. Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenRead}.

Error: File does not exist. File: [K:\Backups\Opera Servers 1\Opera Servers 12016-04-09T193041.vbk]. Agent failed to process method {Stg.OpenRead}.
Maximum retry count reached (5 out of 5)
How to fix this issue so the backup copy can be resumed from tomorrow or the next day ?

Note:

The backup copy is using continuous with 2 backup set, so not using GFS.
I'm using Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0.0.1491 and I have logged the case 01752448.
--
/* Veeam software enthusiast user & supporter ! */
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Error & Alert After deleting Backup Copy files ?

Post by foggy » 2 people like this post

Right-click the backup copy job and perform an active full.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin » 1 person likes this post

What point in particular did you delete? Wasn't it a base .vbk the subsequent increments are dependent on, by any chance? Thanks.
albertwt
Veteran

Post by albertwt »

Somehow I think I've moved the files from one Backup repository drive to another drive, then I have performed the Rescan Repository.

Why it is still complaining that it cannot be read ?

The reason I did that simply because the drive is full but there are some other disk space in another drive.
--
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

You've manually moved the files that are required for the job to proceed. Just make an active full so that it start the chain from scratch.
albertwt
Veteran

Post by albertwt »

Foggy, the backup is quite big so is there any other way to continue the backup from where it left before ?
Do I have to do the following steps:

1. Remove the backup from the configuration
2. Migrate to different drive
3. Re-register the backup with Veeam Backup to new Repository location
4. Rescan repository
--
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Yes, you can move the backup to another repository with enough space available and map the job to it. Keep in mind that digests re-calculation will be required after mapping the job to existing backups (i.e. the entire source will be read anyway).