Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
FlorianS
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Florian Schoppmeier

Setting Quotas on Repositories for different Endusers

Post by FlorianS »

Hi,

I am testing the Veeam Endpoint Protection Client and connecting it to a test Backup & Replication Server - first thing i stumbled upon is :

Is there anyway to set a quota on a repository ?
I would like to create different Customers, each getting one Repository assigned - at the moment it seems that I can only set quota/ limits on the share i provide (like on the NAS itself) - it would be nice if I could set quotas for each repository or for Backup Operator users i created on the machine.

Anyway to achieve this ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Setting Quotas on Repositories for different Endusers

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Florian,

You can set quotas only for cloud repositories (part of Cloud Connect functionality). As to limiting the size of the regular repository, then you can only do that only by setting quotas on the share etc.

BTW, can you please tell us a bit more why do you need that?

Thanks!
yamy125
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Tom

Post by yamy125 »

Hi,

I just had this same question. In our case running a DR4100 backup appliance with CIFS shares. No way to limit CIFS container/share on the DR4100 I don't believe, so was hoping to be able to do it from within Veeam similar to how you can with CloudConnect quotas, but set at the repository level.

Relevant in our case for hosted clients on our infrastructure (a number in same datacenter) where we don't use CloudConnect, but still want a way to limit and account for their storage usage on the DR4100.

Hope the above makes sense.

Cheers
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Tom, thanks for posting your request. Currently Veeam B&R repository does not have any quotas and there are no plans to add this capability, so Cloud Connect repository is the only way to achieve this goal at the moment.
rct
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Post by rct »

I would also be interested in this functionality as a core core functionality of B&R/VEB.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Nothing has changed since the last reply by Vitaliy. VB&R/VEB doesn't have a capability to set users' quotas on existing repositories. Thanks.