Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
rimvydukas
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Veeam One v8 warnings resolution

Post by rimvydukas »

Hi,

I have one question. I had one machine with three warnings: "Orphaned VM backup snapshot", "Latest snapshot age", "Latest snapshot size". When I deleted snapshots on the VM two warnings simply got resolved but I had to resolve third warning manually ("Latest snapshot size"). Is it expected behavior or is it some kind of bug? I hoped to see it resolved too. Thanks.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Veeam One v8 warnings resolution

Post by Shestakov » 1 person likes this post

Hi,
Usually that kind of alarms is resolved automatically.
How much time passed between the snapshot deletion and the alarm manually resolution?
We`ll double-check the behavior in our lab. By the way, what product version(build number) are you at? Thanks!
rimvydukas
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by rimvydukas »

These were old alarms. Anyway I updated my Veeam One to 8.0.0.1669 and will try to monitor for the stale alarms. Is there any doc which describes which alarms are resolved automatically and which ones must I resolve manualy?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

I believe there is no .doc file or something because the resolve logic is pretty easy to remember.
All performance-based alarms are being auto-resolved when the performance gets back to normal.
Event-based alarms are to be auto-resolved if they have a corresponding rule with "Severity=Resolved" in the "Alarm settings".
Let me know if the explanation is not clear enough. Thanks!