Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
sbanyas
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Banyas

Veeam Report Library - Performance Details report

Post by sbanyas »

Is there a way to get the Object name exposed in the Performance Details report without having to click on "Included Objects"?

I have setup a scheduled report for VMGuest-memory\% Memory Used (_Total) for 27 virtual machines. The report is sent in MHTML (web archive) format to the support team.

They are very please with the display of the data EXCEPT that they have no way of identifying the server for each graph. While the "Rule" is displayed twice per graph (once in bold heading and once underneath as a hyperlink) the "Included Objects" isn't displayed.

I do not want to create 27 individual reports if at all possible.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: Veeam Report Library - Performance Details report

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Scott,

Could you post a screenshot of parameters for the report (you can send me it in DM)?

These reports could be configured in many different ways and it would really help if you can tell us which parameters you are using. Also these reports are using a generic library, so some things like extraction of some custom property of a particular object class could be difficult. But I'm sure we can try to find a solution for you.

Thanks.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

[How To]Veeam Report Library - Report customization

Post by sergey.g » 2 people like this post

Hi,

Thank you very much for providing additional details which helped with investigation of the issue. Here is what can be done to see the object name on the Performance Details Report from the Veeam MP Report Library:
  • Save the report into a separate Management Pack (File > Save to Management Pack) - create a new one, so that it will be easier to find it in the SRS.
  • Login into the SRS which hosts SCOM reporting (it's http://sg-sql2016/Reports/ for my lab).
  • Open the management pack where you saved the report on the first step
  • Right click and select Manage on the item with report icon
  • In the opened interface, select Parameters section.
  • Change the GraphMode parameter to Object Average Values - the metric has only _Total instance, so per-instance mode is not relevant for it anyway
Now you should be able to see the VM name on the top of each chart, you should be able to schedule this copy of the Report same way as original one.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or feel free to contact me directly.
Thank you very much for such a great question.
sbanyas
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Banyas

Re: Veeam Report Library - Performance Details report

Post by sbanyas »

THANK YOU!!! This is exactly what is/was needed for my internal customer. I very much appreciate the assistance.