Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
rogerdu
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Roger Dufour

Replication Failure

Post by rogerdu »

So... Replication is all good... until one of my colleagues puts in a new AD server 2 days ago and promotes it to the functional PDC (we are transitioning from 2008 to 2012). This is the only change I know of in the environment... The Datastore where the target is located is not full, and I'm unaware of any changes made to the vSphere environment.

The replication job is replicating our Exchange server from our production to our test clusters using the latest backup as our source. The error I'm getting is:
- Discovering replica VM Error: Found replica VM vm-6562 with connection state invalid. Cannot proceed further
- Error: Found replica VM vm-6562 with connection state invalid. Cannot proceed further.

I searched the etherwebs and found nothing even similar. As this is a test of replication, I COULD just blow the whole thing away and start all over again, but I'd like to find out what happened.

Suggestions?

Roger
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replication Failure

Post by foggy »

Roger, it's always recommended to contact support with this kind of technical issues, since logs analysis is required. Btw, have you tried to rescan the target vCenter server in Veeam B&R console?
rogerdu
Expert

Post by rogerdu »

I have not, but I am doing so now...
rogerdu
Expert

Post by rogerdu »

I could do nothing with the target VM. All the appropriate files were in the datastore directory, but the vCenter system didn't recognize that it was a VM. My only recourse was to remove it from disk through the datastore view (I couldn't do anything in the vCentre menu... no remove from inventory, delete from disk or view properties etc.)

As this was to allow myself to become familiar with replication and the set-up thereof, its not a big deal. I deleted the replica from disk through the datastore view and am in the process of re-establishing the relationship again.

Thanks for the suggestion.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Feel free to contact technical support in case you see similar behavior again.