Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
epowers
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Powers

Replaced Autoloader Unrecognized Media - Veeam 9

Post by epowers »

I recently replaced an old Dell PowerVault 124T LTO3 with a Quantum SuperLoader 3 LTO4. We have many hundreds of LTO3 tapes that are showing in the "Offline Tapes" Media and 16 that were in the old PowerVault before I took it offline. I loaded up the new autoloader with all of the tapes that were previously in the old loader, and they are now showing associated with media pool "Unrecognized". When the tapes were first loaded I found that the Tape libraries discovery job (that is ongoing) gave the error "Duplicate barcode detected: XXXXXXL3". I have already modified my media pools tape libraries to include both the new and the old tape libraries.

How should I go about moving all of the tapes associated with the old autoloader (library) to the new one and removing all references to the old library?

Thank you in advance! I would love to be able to run my jobs over the weekend :)

-Eric
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Replaced Autoloader Unrecognized Media - Veeam 9

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Eric,
How should I go about moving all of the tapes associated with the old autoloader (library) to the new one
In v9 tape media pools were detached from the library, so that should work.
epowers
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric Powers

Re: Replaced Autoloader Unrecognized Media - Veeam 9

Post by epowers »

Sorry, what should work?

-EP